A research project devoted to understanding Islamic teachings related to economics and their economic implications.
At theoretical and philosophical level, the project endeavors to explore and explain the teachings of Islam and the Islamic worldview. It will strive to understand the expected and actual impact of Islamic teachings and worldview on the values, preferences and behavior of an individual and the effect of these on the socioeconomic relations.
At the applied level, the project aims to research on institutions which are consistent with Islamic principles and teachings in order to see their economic potential to fulfill the contemporary needs of modern societies and economies.
At the analytical level, the project strives to objectively and (to the extent possible) empirically appraise the institutions – both contemporary and theoretical – with regards to their economic effects in modern societies and economies.
- The project will try to support and promote research and researchers in Islamic economics.
- The project will strive to promote its research at various platforms including research conferences, seminars and public talks.
- The project will attempt to foster healthy debates and aims to become a think tank in Islamic economics.
How You Can Participate
- By praying before Allah for guidance for all of us.
- Reading the project’s research.
- Writing in-depth articles for the project.
- Providing feedback and criticism.
- Encouraging others in your network who have interest in Sociology, Philosophy, Economics and Religion to read the project’s content and contribute in improving it.
- IEP website has been visited by people from more than 175 countries and it has received more than 200,000 views in a short span of time.
Project’s Future Plans
- Prepare multimedia rich presentations on principles of Islamic Economics in Urdu and English.
- Produce systematic literature review summary of historic and contemporary works in Islamic Economics available in Urdu, English and other languages.
- Arrange exclusive sessions on Islamic Economics in academic institutions.
- Developing short videos on concepts, issues, perspectives and trends in Islamic Economics.
- Launch Mobile App on Islamic Economics for delivering content in engaging way.
- Launch Islamic Economics Letters, a monthly e-magazine covering research in Islamic Economics theory and practice.